Job Title: Senior Project Manager
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Downtown Los Angeles, as an Senior Project Manager.
Our Sr. Project Manager’s role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to company’s strict guidelines and within the budget for the construction of the home. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to the plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan the projects in order to accomplish its goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to the end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Disseminate project development information to the management in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion and on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Coordinate with other departments for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for staffing and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Overtime is expected in order to meet project deadlines
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Any additional tasks as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Language Skills
- 10+ Years Experience in Project/Development Management
- Associates Degree or higher in Project Management or related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction and building codes required
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Windows
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a department with five or more employees
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a department in an efficient manner
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret prints, architectural drawings, financial and job cost reports
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or clarifications from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business
- Excellent customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.