Job Title: Asset Manager
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Seattle, Phoenix, Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Property Management team in Phoenix as a Residential Asset Manager, overseeing a wide range of assets. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and mentorship, driving the success of the Regionals and their operational teams. They possess a high level of interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written). Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach, with the ability to step back and understand the “big” picture. Onni’s continuous evolving portfolio leaves lots of room for opportunity and advancement.
Maximize the value of assets through oversight, streamlining processes and analysis of property efficiencies while identifying opportunities for improved performance. This includes, but not limited to:
- Review and provide input for the annual property budgets, one and five-year business plans for each property including CAPEX budgeting/forecasting
- Work closely with property managers to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, analysis, and approvals
- Work collaboratively with regionals, property managers, legal counsel, auditors and accountants and project managers.
- Communicate and follow-up on expectations with other cross-functional teams, including acquisition, property management, construction management, risk management, accounting in the execution of strategic business plans for the assets.
- Act as liaison between property management and ownership
- Oversee the renovation flow with regular communication from Construction Manager.
- Prepare and distribute periodic asset management reports to the Executive staff and Directors.
- Oversee the annual budget process which includes a detailed review of all budgets, comparisons of budget projections to historical performance and comparison of budget projections to industry benchmarks.
- Conducts regular asset reviews and performs detailed review of monthly financial reports working directly with property management. Includes monthly review of financials, occupancy and renovation schedules.
- Conduct routine meetings, site visits, and/or conference calls with property management to discuss asset-level strategies and operational issues.
- Proactive development of market knowledge and data to assure management and asset accountability.
- Identifying opportunities to increase income while reducing expenses.
- Evaluate the life cycle of capital assets and recommend repair/replacement strategies
- Coordinate portfolio insurance expenses and all claim management.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, finance or accounting preferred.
- Prefer experience in Multi Family real estate - asset management, property management.
- Value add multifamily experience preferred.
- Must be extremely advanced Excel, Word and Outlook experience.
- Experience with Yardi is beneficial but not required.
- Spreadsheet development and analytical proficiency required.