Job Title: Commercial Tenant Improvement Coordinator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Vancouver as a Commercial Tenant Improvement Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist in liaising between the Project Managers, Tenants, Leasing Department, Property Management Department and all other technical disciplines involved
- Work with Project Managers on the overall budgeting, construction, and handover of all tenant improvement and capital expedite projects
- Coordinate and manage:
- Tenant improvement projects
- CapEx projects
- New build transitions from the construction development department over to property management
- Report to Sr. TI Project Manager for project updates & review
- Prepare proposal & tender packages
- Compare track and organize quotes
- Including negotiating contracts and pricing with subtrades and contractors
- Coordinate drawings/proposals for pricing and record quotes once received
- Collecting/maintaining/organizing of TI/Capital Improvement documentations; engineer/architect/ consult reports
- Collect approved drawings/ shop drawings from tenants, designers, consultants- record approvals and organize on hard drive
- Issue/collect approved contracts/ purchase orders and organize once received
- Track and manage change orders from Trades
- Work with Leasing & Property Management on tenant change orders
- Manage trades construction schedule/timeline
- Collect/ organize warranties/manuals/ close out documents from trades and file for our records and to send to tenants at handover. For large tenants, put together binder of warranties and manuals
- Ensure trades have construction schedule and are prepared to begin when they are due
- Follow up with trades and deficiencies and ensure completion
- Attend any meetings with Tenants/Leasing/Property Management when needed
- Maintain/ Organize spec lists for Tis and Capital Improvements.
- Draft contracts and track on SharePoint
- Coordinate Engineer drawings and distribute to municipalities for building permitting process
- Travel to site as required for construction updates, inspections, subcontractor site meetings etc.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License and operational motor vehicle
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of commercial construction experience
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Coordination or related field an asset
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.