Job Title: SQL Report Writer
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Corporate team in Phoenix AZ as SQL Report Writer. The SQL Report Writer will design, plan, code, test, and deploy a variety of technical projects related to organization’s needs. These include building and repairing custom reports, writing custom SQL function scripts for business applications, and maintaining data integration of organizations data warehouse, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Extract data from multiple financial systems, analyze data, integrate data, validate data for accuracy and develop reports/scripts/inquiries to assist organizations departments.
- Aid with process improvements and business decisions; Performs data conversions.
- Work collaboratively with various organization’s teams and technical resources to define the scope and details of each data project assignment; participates as a team member in design, review and planning meetings.
- Design, build, test, implement and document reports and SQL scripts; builds, customizes and maintains reporting interfaces within real estate investment and property management software – Yardi Voyger.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support the business applications.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, documenting requirements and translation of requirements to technical specifications for the implementation of new systems and software.
- Provide documentation of data management processes and report development approaches.
- Work with system support team to resolve problems and offer solutions where necessary; act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to current practices.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Any additional tasks as assigned
- Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience maintaining MSSQL databases including creation, data management, backups, security and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Yardi scripting and Yardi report types (scripted, YSL, SSRS, Analytic) a Plus
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.