Title: Senior Maintenance Supervisor - Residential
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver British Columbia with offices in Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix and Toronto. This diverse company is vertically integrated with inhouse departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
The Senior Maintenance Supervisor will lead the day-to-day maintenance program of a two-tower new construction Class-A residential high-rise lease-up – Hope+Flower.
The Senior Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the creation and execution of the maintenance performance and operations program for an assigned asset. The Senior Maintenance Supervisor leads a team of Maintenance Technicians and a custodial crew to ensure all facets of asset integrity are met with careful execution of daily, weekly, monthly and annual responsibilities. The Senior Maintenance Supervisor coaches associates to perform to the Onni brand and promotes the company reputation. This role supervises vendors, controls expenses, monitors associate performance and insists on delivery of superior customer service from every member of both the sales and service team. Trains associates to possess careful attention to detail, is a reliable coach, sound decision maker and trusted collaborator to the Senior Property Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and manages the day to day operations of the property
- Interviews, hires, and trains all maintenance staff
- Directs and supervises daily activities of the maintenance team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and work flow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance.
- Determines and implements associate performance actions such as raises, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
- Schedules and monitors preventative maintenance and apartment turns and assists with repairs as needed.
- Assists maintenance staff in diagnosing problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances as needed.
- Ensures resident maintenance issues and repairs are being responded to promptly and professionally and handles escalated maintenance issues.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as well as after the apartment has been turned.
- Performs property inspections on a regular basis to maintain cleanliness and identify problems.
- Ensures amenities are fresh and ready upon the arrival of the first sales tour of the day. Ensures restrooms, amenities and common areas are checked by the team throughout the day.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance team to items that need to be repaired.
- Manages vendor selection and vendor relations, so as to ensure quality performance.
- Obtains bids from outside contractors as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Prepares, executes, and monitors maintenance budget and ensures expense control.
- Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Reviews, prepares, and submits property invoices accurately and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicates with property owner(s) and/or supervisor regarding the overall Maintenance function at the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Promote and participate in Company-sponsored training programs and ensure subordinate associates participate in all training classes within required time frame.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training in Residence Property maintenance
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field in a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff. High-rise maintenance supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly; familiarity with local building codes and OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with all current health and safety regulations
- Requires strong supervisory skills, coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and/or situations