Job Title: Construction Project Coordinator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Phoenix, Toronto, Los Angeles, Seattle and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to start the project management division in Phoenix as a Residential Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
This opportunity represents the beginning stage of what will be a growing department within the organization. Join us at the ground level and help lead the way of this exciting venture.
- Liaise between the Project Managers, Regional Managers, Property Managers and Sub trades.
- Work with Project Managers on the overall budgeting, construction, and handover of all Residential tenant improvements and capital projects in Arizona.
- Coordinate and manage:
- Residential Capital Improvement projects
- Compare track and organize quotes
- Including negotiating contracts and pricing with subtrades and contractors
- Coordinate drawings/proposals for pricing and record quotes once received
- Collecting/maintaining/organizing of TI/Capital Improvement documentations; engineer/architect/ consult reports
- Collect approved drawings/ shop drawings from tenants, designers, consultants- record approvals and organize on hard drive
- Issue/collect approved contracts/ purchase orders and organize once received
- Track and manage change orders from Trades
- Manage trades construction schedule/timeline
- Collect/ organize warranties/manuals/ close out documents from trades and file for our records and to send to tenants at handover. For large tenants, put together binder of warranties and manuals
- Ensure trades have construction schedule and are prepared to begin when they are due
- Follow up with trades and deficiencies and ensure completion
- Maintain/ Organize spec lists for Tis and Capital Improvements.
- Draft contracts and track with our accounting system
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of Project Management Experience
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Coordination or related field an asset
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Organization