Job Title: Project Coordinator - Chicago
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Chicago as a Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail- attentive with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
Overall coordination of residential high rise construction projects under the direction of the Project Manager, and in collaboration of the Development Manager, site staff, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Develop and distribute project budget/bid invitations to subcontractor bidders
- Track and organize subcontractor proposals
- Assist in compiling budget documents in consultation with responsible Manager or Director
- Participate in developing initial project schedules in consultation with responsible Manager or Director
- Update schedules with critical path items, and ongoing review and schedule tracking
- Process RFI’s, bulletins and submittals
- Document control of RFI’s, ASI’s and Shop Drawings set up and electronically
- Manage change orders and subcontractor invoices
- Participate in post project review with key project personnel
- Manage project closeout activities including as-built drawings, warranties and training
- Prepare Project Specific Safety Plans
- Conduct on site safety reviews
- Participate in implementation of quality control program activities
- Review and update RFI’s, Sketches and Bulletins on Field Drawings
- Prepare daily reports and monitor subcontractor activities as directed by the Site Manager
- Develop and maintain punch lists
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field an asset
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate required an asset
- 2 - 3 years of construction related experience with on the job training
- This position includes responsibility for any assigned construction activities from concept through completion.
- Some experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects - asset
- Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.