Job Title: Wood Frame Site Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the site construction team in North Vancouver as a Site Superintendent. The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge of wood-frame, and possesses a high level written and oral communication.
Responsibilities of Site Leader:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, execution, monitoring, controlling and overall closure of residential projects
- Overseeing all site activities by any and all sub-trades each day
- Ensure project aligns with Onni’s high standards
- Driving and maintaining overall construction schedule over the duration of the project
- Updating Project Manager with key milestone dates, and forecasting daily, weekly and monthly targets
Budget and Cost tracking:
- Assisting project manager with overall budget review and cost tracking
- Issuing work orders for any and all materials coming to the site
- Site documentation and review of any site changes and cost implications
Management and Leadership:
- Overall supervision of all sub-trades, workers, and suppliers
- Reviewing of contracts and sub-trade or suppliers scope of work to ensure compliance
- Working with site safety coordinator to ensure overall safety of the site
- Daily, weekly and monthly inspections to review and Implement quality control
- Site resource allocation form internal and external resources
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years of commercial or residential construction related experience
- Wood frame experience a strong asset
- Certificate, University degree, or college diploma would be an asset
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.