Job Title: Maintenance Tech/ Building Operator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and property management.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Property Management team in Pitt Meadows as a Maintenance Tech/Building Operator. The Property Management Department’s primary objective is to serve the tenants within the Commercial Portfolio. This is completed through a variety of avenues, including building & site maintenance and performance. The Maintenance Tech/Building Operator will work with Property Managers to ensure that a high level of customer service and appearance is provided to all buildings and properties. If you’re self-motivated, like working independently and consider yourself a ‘Jack of all Trades’ this is the job for you.
- Interact with Tenants and prospective Tenants in a professional manner
- Work in conjunction with the Property Management Department, Contractors and other staff to ensure buildings, suites, common areas and exterior of the buildings are maintained in a “A” Class condition including:
- Checking mechanical and electrical rooms, water meters, generators etc.
- Clearing of litter
- Garbage removal
- Graffiti removal
- Disposal of any dumped items
- Walk arounds of property to ensure building security, new construction areas locked etc.
- Cleaning of windows
- Touch up painting
- Spreading ice melt as needed
- Maintenance of light fixtures – changing bulbs etc.
- Keeping curb cut outs clear
- Supervise with Tenant Improvement projects
- Supervise with Capital Expenditure projects
- Perform small renovation projects which may be repairs or upgrades
- Perform Tenant Walkthrough Inspections with Tenants prior to handover
- Ensure all Tenant Walkthrough deficiencies are completed & signed off
- Must complete Quality Control Checklists and document all concerns with photos and submit to Property Manager for review/action
- Review and complete service requests items submitted by Tenants
- Coordinate trades to complete additional work which may be required
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be technology/computer proficient
- Must be personable and reliable
- Have a good understanding of construction process and practices
- Must be able to handle modern technology and be adaptable to change
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, has strong initiative and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents
- Proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads
- Knowledge and experience working with modern HVAC systems, such as VRF, is an asset
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations including “Maintenance Tech/ Building Operator – Pitt Meadows” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.