Job Title: Civil/Earthwork Site Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Vancouver as a Site Superintendent. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, this person will be responsible for overseeing one of our many real estate development projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist with supervision of all civil and earthwork subcontractors, workers and suppliers, including but not limited to ensuring that they perform according to their contract
- Liaison between the Company and the subcontractors, suppliers and workers to ensure that the project is built to the Company’s drawing specifications
- Use best efforts to resolve disputes between the various subcontractors, workers and suppliers on the project site
- Oversee all work activities by subcontractors located on the project site each day
- Ensure the accuracy of installation of each subcontractor as it pertains to the construction drawings and scope of work for that particular subcontractor
- Assist with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project
- Assisting with coordinating inspections with the municipal inspector’s project engineers, and project consultants for all deficiency walkthroughs, substantial and final completion
- Assist with completing monthly progress reports for each trade on the Site and submitting a copy to the Project Manager within seven days after the end of the previous month
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Project Manager appointed by the Company regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions, or alterations that may arise during the course of construction to a building or areas affected by a building on the Site
- Issue work orders for any and all materials coming to the site
- Issue work orders “back charges” to any and all trades that are delinquent in their areas of responsibility, as it pertains to their individual contract and scope of work
- Discussing any additional work “extras” with the Project Manager and Site Supervisor appointed by the Company before issuing any work orders for “extras”
- Keep site in safe and orderly state as per Worker Compensation Board governing authorities and the Company’s Rules & Regulations
- Conduct safety orientation and weekly safety meeting with subcontractors
- Keep notes on a daily basis of all site activity
- Ensure all work is performed to the Company’s and industry standards
- Implement quality control working in conjunction with design drawings and civil and geotechnical engineers
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of related civil and earthwork construction supervision work experience. Civil experience should include underground water, sewer, streetlight, hydro/tel/shaw, and roadworks
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction field
- Be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast pace team environment
- Possess knowledge of civil infrastructure and earthwork management processes including but not limited to, contracts, scheduling, project drawings, quality control
- Proven performance in leadership, managing crews and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate and provide a strong process perspective
- Computer and technology literacy required
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.