Situated in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, LEVEL Furnished Living presents a fresh concept in premium short and long term accommodation. Located just minutes from the Staples Center and L.A. Live, Grand Park, the Fashion and Financial Districts, a celebrated international dining scene and city-wide transportation links, LEVEL Furnished Living uniquely combines the comfort and convenience of home with the hospitality and style of a boutique luxury hotel.
The LEVEL Property Management Accountant is responsible for all administrative property management duties and provides support to the site staff while overseeing the day-to-day financial operation of the property. This includes maintaining cash and reconciling monthly, generating monthly financial reports, and ensuring policies and procedures are upheld.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages rent collections, delinquencies, and evictions
- Create and deliver any general notices to the residents
- Responsible for validation of all input including prospect, traffic, applications, leases, move-outs, deposits and closing reports
- Prepare and carry out legal process including but not limited to 5 days, evictions, collections, and balanced owed letters
- Process and prepare accounts receivable
- Administer tenant files and security deposits in accounting software
- Process Move in/Move Outs in accounting software by interpreting new and existing leases
- Complete Security Deposit Accounting for resident move outs in accounting software
- Maintain rent rolls and vacancy loss reports
- Perform month end A/R and GL closing procedures
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile bank activity on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements
- Be involved in annual budgeting process and input budgets into accounting software
- Liaise with the external accountants with regards to year-end financial statement reviews
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 3+ years of Accounting experience (preference for Real Estate)
- Previous experience with the legal process, including but not limited to 5 days, evictions, collections, and balanced owed letters is preferred
- Proficiency in Yardi preferred
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Proficient on computers-word, excel and accounting related programs
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and managers
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines
- Must be highly organized
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.