Job Title: Development Manager
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the development team in Los Angeles as a Development Manager. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, negotiating, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Organize and manage several large format mixed use real estate development projects using external consultants and supporting development staff
- Lead consultant teams through full coordination of Building Permit and Issued for Construction drawings
- Effectively negotiate land/zoning approvals with local approving authorities and possibly neighboring owners
- Effectively negotiate and complete agreements with pricing, terms, and timing conditions that meet the Onni’s expectations and requirements
- Effectively control project costs through the use of job cost reports
- Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of local land acquisition markets
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current market prices
- Participate in the sales and marketing initiatives throughout the development process
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5 years of real estate development or related industry experience
- Architecture degree is an asset
- Extensive experience in the analysis, acquisition, entitlement, development and marketing of residential land
- Construction Management experience is an asset
- Experience directing and managing consultants and contractors
- Extensive experience in the residential real estate industry, in particular multi-family residential and large mixed-use projects in the lower mainland
- An understanding of and familiarity with the planning and engineering approval process
- Full understanding of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to read, understand and coordinate consultant’s drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interest applicants please submit your cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.