Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Accounting team in Vancouver as a Accounts Payable Specialist. The ideal candidate is professional, detail-oriented, able to work independently and able to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Process high volume full cycle accounts payable
- Match invoices to PO’s and delivery slips
- Price check and reconcile contract invoices
- Have invoices approved by project managers
- Enter invoices into accounting software (Timberline/Sage 300 experience would be an asset)
- Prepare vendor contract report each period to ensure compliance to contract terms
- Review of project costs to budgets
- Sort and process utility invoices daily
- Process utility cheque runs once per week
- Prepare cheque runs, including forwarding cheques for signature
- Liaise with vendors on payment status in a professional manner as required
- Communicate with managers, accountants, vice presidents and directors to resolve issues if required
- Continuously evaluate payables cycle in an effort to generate alternatives to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of payables cycle
- Bank reconciliation and GST remittance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Assist Controllers, COO, and CFO if required
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years of related experience
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to process high volume of invoices within deadlines
- Comfortable working with digital processing of all invoices/POs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Intermediate excel skills
- Timberline/Sage 300 experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a high-volume environment
- Strong understanding and appreciation of deadlines and commitment to schedules
- Accurate data entry and superior attention to detail
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.