Job Title: Site Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Chicago, IL as a Site Superintendent. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, this person will be responsible for overseeing one of our many real estate development projects. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
Responsibilities of Site Leader:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, execution, monitoring, controlling and overall close out of residential high rise projects
- Manage and coordinate all project inspections and certificate of occupancy requirements with City/Municipality having jurisdiction over the work
- Planning and management of all site activities by all sub-trades
- Ensure project aligns with Onni’s high standards of safety and quality
- Develop and maintain overall construction schedule over the duration of the project
- Updating Project Manager with key milestone dates, and forecasting daily, weekly and monthly targets
Budget and Cost tracking:
- Assisting project manager with overall budget review and cost tracking
- Issuing work orders for any and all materials coming to the site
- Site documentation and review of any site changes and cost implications
Management and Leadership:
- Overall supervision of all sub-trades, workers, and suppliers
- Develop site logistics plan for project
- Review of design documents for constructability and logistics
- Reviewing of contracts and sub-trade or suppliers scope of work to ensure compliance
- Working with site safety coordinator to ensure overall safety of the site
- Daily, weekly and monthly inspections to review and Implement quality control
- Site resource allocation form internal and external resources
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 -10 years of multifamily residential construction related experience
- Experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects an asset
- Certificate, University degree, or college diploma would be an asset
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate an asset
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations. Please include “Site Superintendent – Chicago” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.