Job Title: Travel Industry and Business Travel Sales Manager
ABOUT LEVEL Furnished Living
LEVEL Furnished Living specializes in luxurious furnished apartments; perfect for short-term stays, long-term stays, and corporate housing. After several years of providing unrivaled accommodation experiences in Vancouver, Canada, and consecutive Trip Advisor wins for excellence, LEVEL Furnished Living is pleased to offer high-end fully furnished apartment rentals in downtown Los Angeles. Whether you’re here for an business travel, a vacation, job placement, or relocation, LEVEL’s beautifully furnished apartments, along with exceptional staff, provide a seamless transition that allow you to maintain your usual day-to-day routine.
LEVEL Furnished Living Downtown Los Angeles is looking for a Travel Industry and Business Travel Sales Manager. Candidates with passion for excellence, expertise in hospitality sales and proven sales track record are invited to apply for a career with LEVEL. The Sales Manager is responsible for the identification, direct sales and service of individual travel producing accounts - to include but not limited to corporations, travel management companies, retail travel agents and consortiums - with the overall goal of meeting and exceeding vital strategic account business objectives such as budgeted transient room nights, ADR and revenue which may be broken down by account or segment. In addition, this position is responsible for planning and executing sales trips, client events, sales calls and customer recognition to effectively position the hotel in the buying cycle. Ability to handle key accounts and to provide market intelligence for the weekly sales meeting, forecast meetings, sales and marketing plan and annual fiscal budget. Follow - up on all leads and maintain a good relationship with key accounts.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Sales Team on-property to develop and facilitate annual marketing initiatives by segment for all target accounts to grow room night volume and steal market share from defined comp set.
- Possesses the ability to work collaboratively with key decision makers to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase transient room night production of assigned accounts Organize, plan and facilitate productive and relevant content for transient strategy meetings with team members and subsequently follow-up with action items
- Understands the overall Downtown Los Angeles market competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them
- Ability to grow account production with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation
- Develop and implement effective sales plans; including, business development solicitation, individual sales calls, prospective client entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve measurable quantitative and qualitative goals
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business. Strives to achieve personal and hotel overall revenue goals
- Effectively maintains customer, account and opportunity data in the hotel operating systems – i.e. salesforce and RoomKey
- Adheres to corporate and hotel SOPs when conducting or facilitating client site inspections, FAM trips, and Sales Trips and Tradeshows
- Minimum 3+ years of exemplary transient (business travel and leisure) sales performance in the hospitality industry
- Understanding of affluent travel agency clientele and key consortia segment partners to include, but not limited to, American Express, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, THOR, HRG, Flight Centre, Ovation Travel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English required. Spanish & Mandarin an asset.
- Strong Interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to travel (in market and out-of-town) for multiple days and nights as business dictates
- University/College degree in related discipline preferred