Job Title: General Handyman/ Painter
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative, has the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving, and prioritizing workloads.
The primary objective of this position is to complete the finishing touches on newly constructed condominium homes prior to homeowner occupancy, and general upkeep of Onni properties.
- Paint the interiors of apartments, condos, townhomes and other multi-family dwellings as required.
- Painting of apartment/condo common areas.
- Exterior painting of apartment/condos.
- Work with other construction professionals, such as carpenters, electricians and plumbers, to prepare units for lease.
- Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping.
- Collaborate with other professional painters on larger jobs.
- Practice self-supervision on small jobs and ensure you complete each project in an efficient and timely manner.
- Match paint samples for touch-ups and other small projects.
- Meet with property managers to discuss color and finish options as well as other design details for leasing space.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years painting experience, including a skill set to perform repairs to drywall, caulking, paint, etc.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to: Customer Care Personnel, Tenants, Contractors, Colleagues in other departments, and most importantly – homeowners.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Provide own basic painting tools. Company will provide materials and sundries only.
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.