Job Title: Site Safety Coordinator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the construction team in Los Angeles to be a Site Safety Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Site Superintendent, this person will be responsible for on-site First Aid and general safety responsibilities found at a construction site.
- Responsible, mature and reliable with current qualifications for Safety
- Conduct daily onsite safety inspections as required by Onni's Health & Safety Program
- Ensure contractors and sub-trades remain in compliance by maintaining their safe work practices to comply with Cal/OSHA requirements and standards
- Maintain all safety records at site including submissions by trades
- Responsible for responding to on-site emergencies and communicating with management
- Provide continual inventory control for the first aid station, safety equipment and supplies
- Complete all incident reporting with follow ups when communication is required by Cal/OSHA (near miss, hazards/incidents, significant incidents)
- Confident and capable to properly enforce safety program to on-site individual trades
- Continuous communication to on-site & safety management on all safety issues
- Conduct safety orientations, ensure the work place is safe for trades, and site remains in compliance to safety standards
- Submit weekly summary of site inspection reports, violations, and incidents to head office Project Manager on a weekly basis
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Construction Safety role particularly with fall protection/working at heights, working on large scale project with multiple sub-trades
- Current unrestricted Cal/OSHA 30 certification or qualified (and recognized) equivalent training
- First Aid and CPR certificates are required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong documentation capacity with the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Able to perform well in critical high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task, supervise and give directions to additional workers when required.
- Work Conditions
- Reliable transportation means to/from work (for hours of scheduled site work)
- Available to work flexible hours in a construction site environment
- Must be physically fit for work regular work duties and capable to perform physical labour work if necessary
- Must be able to communicate well, with experience in providing safety concerns and direction to trades for compliance to safety program
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations to j Isovski@onni.com. Please include “Site Safety- Los Angeles” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.