Job Title: Project Engineer - Chicago
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Chicago as a Project Engineer to work on residential high-rise projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail- attentive with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Liaison between the Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and all other technical disciplines involved
- Assist Project Manager with the overall management of high-rise construction projects
- Cost estimating and quantity take off
- Prepare bid documents and develop clear and concise scopes of work
- Develop bid scope sheets and conduct scope review meetings with qualified subcontractors
- Prequalify vendors and subcontractors
- Maintaining project cost data base
- Assist in overall development of project budget
- Develop and manage procurement log in conjunction with the project schedule
- Track and coordinate project submittals (shop drawings, product data, samples, etc.) with subcontractors
- Review all project submittals for accuracy and compliance with contract documents and overall incorporation into project and submit to A/E for review and approval
- Manage and coordinate project submittals, cost control, scheduling, reporting and document control activities
- Assist Project Manager and Site Superintendent with numerous aspects of construction operations including coordinating and managing subcontractors and design professionals
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders under supervision of the Project Manager
- Manage and track design changes and associated cost impacts for incorporation into project budget
- Review and approval of subcontractor pay applications and vendor invoices
- Maintain budgets and cost projections
- Manage quality control procedures for field installation of materials and equipment
- Monitor and track fabrication of various building materials and systems
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of construction related experience, a portion of which was directly involved in project coordination
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Coordination or related field an asset
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate an asset
- Take off and estimating software experience or training an asset (PlanSwift)
- Previous experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects an asset
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations. Please include “Project Engineer- Chicago” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.