Job Title: Development Manager
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the development team in Vancouver as a Development Manager. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, negotiating, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Organize and manage several real estate development projects using external consultants and supporting development staff
- Effectively negotiate land/zoning approvals with local approving authorities and possibly neighboring owners
- Effectively negotiate and complete agreements with pricing, terms, and timing conditions that meet the Onni’s expectations and requirements
- Effectively control project costs through the use of job cost reports
- Complete land development projects on time and on budget
- Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of local land acquisition markets
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current market prices in relevant municipalities
- Participate in the sales and marketing initiatives throughout the development process
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 -7 years of real estate development or related industry experience
- Extensive experience in the analysis, acquisition, entitlement, development and marketing of residential land
- Extensive experience in the residential real estate industry, in particular multi-family residential and large mixed-use projects in the lower mainland
- Construction Management experience is an asset
- An understanding of and familiarity with the planning and engineering approval process
- Experience directing and managing consultants and contractors
- Full understanding of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate
- Education and/or background in urban planning or architecture is an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowing your way around a construction site as well as financial statements is essential
- Ability to read, understand and coordinate consultant’s drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interest applicants please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.