Job Title: Pre-Construction Coordinator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Vancouver office as a Pre-Construction Coordinator. This role is to assist and coordinate in the overall pre-construction planning and budgeting throughout all our construction projects in the Vancouver area. Our selected candidate will help in the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling of construction projects.
- Help with internal teams to work with consultants to coordinate project drawings through to final IFC coordinated drawings
- Assist our Procurement Coordinator in negotiating and completing agreements with pricing, terms and timing conditions that meet the Onni’s expectations and requirements
- Gather information and update project budgets as drawings are finalized
- Create RFPs and self-tender various trade disciplinaries
Estimating/ Quantity Surveying:
- Calculate various statistical data - complete quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment, etc. utilizing various forms of manual and computerized program methods
- Initiate contact with existing and new subcontractors and suppliers
- Obtain scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist in closing bids
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates. Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of estimating experience
- Certificate, University degree, or college diploma would be an asset
- Proficient in bluebeam or planswift is an asset
- Ability to read technical drawings
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.