Job Title: Site Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the site construction team in the Fraser Valley as a Site Superintendent. The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge of concrete, formwork and steel placing and possesses a high level written and oral communication.
- Assist the project site superintendent by supervising the concrete superstructure for residential /commercial projects
- Plan, assign, schedule and supervise all work relating to concrete forming
- Read and interpret plans and specifications, site instructions, blueprints, rough sketches and all drawings relevant to the buildings structure (including, but not limited to - structural drawings, architectural drawings, mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, and window shop drawings) to determine work activities
- Forecast concrete requirements / conduct concrete take-off’s as necessary to ensure adequate volumes of material have been ordered
- Coordinate, issue RFI’s and be accountable for ordering all concrete materials
- Completion of administrative paperwork relating to concrete
- Manage and coordinate shared resources with other superintendents
- Prepare computerized schedule and update schedule reporting
- Track and report daily job productions
- Coordinate structural inspections with the consultant team
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members on an ongoing basis
- Work with site safety personnel to implement occupational hazards and ensure site meets all safety standards
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years of related concrete construction experience in all aspects of mixed use, multi-residential, high rise concrete construction or commercial
- Forming / carpenter background an asset
- Extensive structures experience, knowledge of post tensioning and concrete
- Strong technical building knowledge and ability to recognize proper forming techniques
- Excellent knowledge of BC Building Code and attention to detail an asset
- Proven performance in leadership and managing both people and construction sites
- Demonstrated effective communication and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, juggle numerous and diverse activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations
- Be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast pace team environment and have a desire to grow with the Company
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.