Job Title: Project Engineer - Chicago
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Seattle as a Project Engineer to work on residential high-rise projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail- attentive with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
Liaison between the Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and all other technical disciplines involved
Assist Project Manager with the overall management of high-rise construction projects
- Cost estimating and quantity take off
- Prepare bid documents and develop clear and concise scopes of work
- Develop bid scope sheets and conduct scope review meetings with qualified subcontractors
- Prequalify vendors and subcontractors
- Maintaining project cost data base
- Assist in overall development of project budget
- Develop and manage procurement log in conjunction with the project schedule
- Track and coordinate project submittals (shop drawings, product data, samples, etc.) with subcontractors
- Review all project submittals for accuracy and compliance with contract documents and overall incorporation into project and submit to A/E for review and approval
- Manage and coordinate project submittals, cost control, scheduling, reporting and document control activities
- Assist Project Manager and Site Superintendent with numerous aspects of construction operations including coordinating and managing subcontractors and design professionals
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders under supervision of the Project Manager
- Manage and track design changes and associated cost impacts for incorporation into project budget
- Review and approval of subcontractor pay applications and vendor invoices
- Maintain budgets and cost projections
- Manage quality control procedures for field installation of materials and equipment
- Monitor and track fabrication of various building materials and systems
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 years of construction related experience, a portion of which was directly involved in project coordination
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Coordination or related field an asset
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate an asset
- Take off and estimating software experience or training an asset (PlanSwift)
- Previous experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects an asset
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.