Job Title: Commercial Tilt-up Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in the Fraser Valley as a Commercial Tilt-Up Superintendent. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, this person will be responsible for overseeing one of our many real estate development projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assisting with supervision of all sub-trades, workers and suppliers, including but limited to ensuring that they perform according to their contract, including a requirement to have an authorized representative of the Contractor physically present on the Site during all period of activity
- Liaison between the Company and the sub-trades, suppliers and workers to ensure that the project is built to the Company’s drawing specifications
- Overseeing all site activities by any and all sub-trades each day
- Ensure the accuracy of installation of each sub-trade as it pertains to the construction drawings and scope of work for that particular sub-trade
- Assisting with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project
- Assisting with coordinating inspections with the municipal building department having jurisdiction in the area including the final occupancy inspections
- Assisting with completing monthly progress reports for each trade on the Site and submitting a copy to the Project Manager within seven days after the end of the previous month
- Issuing work orders for any and all materials coming to the site
- Issuing work orders “back charges” to any and all trades that are delinquent in their areas of responsibility, as it pertains to their individual contract and scope of work
- Discussing any additional work “extras” with the Project Manager and Site Supervisor appointed by the Company before issuing any work orders for “extras”
- Keep site in safe and orderly state as per Worker Compensation Board governing authorities and the Company’s Rules & Regulations
- Conduct safety orientation and weekly safety meeting with sub-trades
- Keep notes on a daily basis of all site activity
- Ensures all finishes work is to the Company’s and industry standards
- Schedule trades to meet the Company’s set out schedules
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of related real estate development and construction management work experience in all aspects of multi-residential wood frame / high rise concrete construction
- Demonstrate effective communication and team building skills
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction field
- Be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast pace team environment
- Possess knowledge of large multi-family wood frame and concrete hi-rise project construction processes, contracts, scheduling and quality control
- Proven performance in leadership and managing both people and development sites
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate and provide a strong process perspective
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, juggle numerous and diverse activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.