Job Title: Project Coordinator - Los Angeles
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Construction team in Los Angeles as a Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail- attentive with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Overall coordination of residential high rise construction projects under the direction of the Project Manager, and in collaboration of the Development Manager, site staff, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Develop and distribute project budget/bid invitations to subcontractor bidders
- Track and organize subcontractor proposals
- Assist in compiling budget documents in consultation with responsible Manager or Director
- Participate in developing initial project schedules in consultation with responsible Manager or Director
- Update schedules with critical path items, and ongoing review and schedule tracking
- Process RFI’s, bulletins and submittals
- Document control of RFI’s, ASI’s and Shop Drawings set up and electronically
- Manage change orders and subcontractor invoices
- Participate in post project review with key project personnel
- Manage project closeout activities including as-built drawings, warranties and training
- Prepare Project Specific Safety Plans
- Conduct on site safety reviews
- Participate in implementation of quality control program activities
- Review and update RFI’s, Sketches and Bulletins on Field Drawings
- Prepare daily reports and monitor subcontractor activities as directed by the Site Manager
- Develop and maintain punch lists
- Post-secondary education - Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field an asset
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate required an asset
- 1 years of construction related experience with on the job training
- This position includes responsibility for any assigned construction activities from concept through completion.
- Some experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects - asset
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations. Please include “Project Coordinator – LA” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.