Job Title: Senior Property Manager & Vice President of Property Management - LA
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the team in Los Angeles as Senior Property Manager & Vice President of Property Management. The ideal candidate is professional, detail-oriented, a creative thinker and has strong drafting, construction detailing, space planning abilities and ability to mentor other members of the team.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Property Management team in Los Angeles
- Establish a strong partnership with key local and business line stakeholders
- Meet annual business growth objectives by overseeing the new development processes
- Develop a working knowledge of resources including marketing, research, technology and core best practices
- Cultivate and mentor a team of dynamic Property Managers
- Work to provide the most robust property management platform in the industry, focused on efficiency and standardization
- Oversees the capital expenditures within the portfolio
- Conduct regular status and strategy meetings to better understand needs, ensure a high level of execution and satisfaction for all services performed
- Align the service delivery model to meet and exceed asset/portfolio performance objectives
- Implement new customer/tenant relations policies or procedures to ensure the highest level of current and future satisfaction
- Foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork and trust locally, regionally and nationally
- Must think like an owner, being proactive and responsive to external and internal clients
- Build relationships with Brokerage to advance cross-selling opportunities and yield new business
- Deliver business priorities through operational excellence, process improvement and nimble decision making with a focus on realizing operating leverage and cost efficiencies
- Operationalize key decisions through an effective communication strategy and flawless project management, execution and expertise
- Liaise between the Accounting team and the Operational teams
- Navigate the seam between national business line and local market accountability relying on strong internal relationships and collaboration
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Strategic client relationships within the market or the industry with a philosophy focusing on growth and retention.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate and mentor a team of real estate professionals
- Exceptional business and financial acumen, creating an environment that maximizes profitability while growing effective teams
- Outgoing, confident and collaborative with the ability to motivate employees, customers and outside business contacts
- A keen leader and self-starter with exceptional verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build consensus with the peer group and within the organization
- Articulate, polished and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Stakeholder Management - ability to cultivate teamwork and partnering across service lines
- Drive for Results - decisiveness with bias for action
- Build High Performing Teams - create culture of teamwork, collaboration, and trust
- Technical Skills - ability to translate strategy to market share gains
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university with outstanding academic achievement. MBA a plus.
- 7+ years proven success in the commercial real estate services industry
- Entrepreneurial approach to understanding tenant needs, crafting and negotiating LOIs and consummating lease transactions
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, negotiating, legal, environmental and construction as related to consummating commercial property leases
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate market in Los Angeles
- Knowledge and familiarity with commercial property dispositions
- Knowledge and understanding of the space planning and tenant improvement process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Coordinate, manage and communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be flexible.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Real estate sales, brokerage or appraisal license
- CPM, RPA or CCIM designation and participation in professional industry organizations desired
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations including “VP Property Management – LA” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.