Job Title: Hospitality Controller
LEVEL Furnished Living offers long and short-term luxurious furnished rentals in downtown Los Angeles that combine hotel-style services with the comfort of residential living. LEVEL is a division of the Onni Group, a full-service real estate company with a core focus on land development, and property and construction management. For over 45 years, the family-owned company has earned a reputation for designing, developing, building and managing innovative real estate.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Hospitality team in Los Angeles as their Hospitality Controller. Level is seeking a highly motivated, strategic leader with experience in Hotel Accounting. This role is to ensure that all accounting functions and controls are accurate, timely and comply with all Levels Policies and Procedures. Work with Hotel Management to facilitate achievement of hotel budget objectives for total sales, profitability and return on investment, while maintaining company standards.
- To provide information to the Corporate Office as required
- To assist in the preparation of the Hotel’s business plan
- To provide budget information to determine operational targets and decisions
- To analyse Hotels’ performance versus budget and investigate variances as required
- To monitor operational expenditures in conjunction with approved budgets
- To establish and maintain a system of internal controls and accounting which provides the most effective control over Hotels’ assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures in accordance with established procedures
- To reconcile all supplier accounts, to post all payables, and to pay vendors in accordance with due dates and cash flow projections
- To set up, track, record, and process all payrolls; to handle related HR and benefit matters as required
- To manage month-end accounting processes including account reconciliations, inventories, accruals and balance sheet analysis
- To ensure the accuracy of night audit transactions and monitor their adherence to proper procedures
- To ensure timely distribution of all daily reports
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system for all documents related to Hotels’ sales and expenses
- To ensure all Hotels’ contracts have proper authorization, negotiations for renewal and are properly filed and are easily available for corporate review
- To ensure that there is an effective system of purchasing, receiving, and control of supplies in place at all times with proper requisition procedures
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience in the hospitality industry
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high-level attention to detail
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrate professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge in Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Processes, etc.
Please note that we offer competitive pay and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.