The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the team in Vancouver as an Architect. The ideal candidate is professional, detail-oriented, a creative thinker and has strong drafting, construction detailing, space planning abilities and ability to mentor other members of the team.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of design practices and methods with a focus on space planning of large-scale mixed-use projects
- Evaluates, selects and applies advanced architectural and design methods, with responsibility including programming, design development and coordination, and production of construction documents on projects which may be multiple, large or complex in scope
- Understands overall building design concepts, objectives and critical issues and applies knowledge to tasks and assignments
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions
- Facilitates project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability
- Develops and prepares contract documents, plans and details; executes red-marked revisions.
- Coordinates drawings with specifications.
- May organize, direct and mentor junior staff
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- 5-8 years’ experience in all phases and aspects of a project
- Advanced experience in project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
- Experience space planning for large-scale mixed-use projects required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Strong CAD, 3D computer modeling and graphic design.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and/or other design related software is considered essential. Revit knowledge is an asset.
- Registered AIBC / RAIC Architect is an asset.
- LEED accreditation and mixed-use, multi-family residential design and project management experience is an asset;
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations including “Architect – Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.