Job Title: Vice President, Commercial Property Management
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and property management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Property Management team in Vancouver as Vice President, Commercial Property Management
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Lead the Commercial Property Management team which oversees 6.5 million sq. ft. of industrial, office and retail properties
- Mentor, Coach, and give guidance and support for team success
- Correspond with tenants regarding leasing, maintenance and repair issues, delinquencies, and all other issues and inquiries; providing customer service; resolving conflicts
- Prepare, implement and report on monthly variance reports, annual operating and capital budgets
- Prioritize assignments and effectively solve emergency situations as needed
- Negotiate service agreements, select contractors and suppliers, provide quality-control oversight, implement cost-containment initiatives, measure compliance to contractual standards and provide liaison as needed between tenants and third-party service providers.
- Establishing and/or maintaining preventative maintenance program
- Work in conjunction with leasing representatives
- Monitor past due balance to ensure A/R is being collected on a consistent basis
- Manage staff’s use and interface of our IT platform
- Maintain high levels of compliance with our operational policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with risk management, and safety standards
- Review and Approve Purchase Orders
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are effectively communicated and implemented
- Reasonable duties the company may require you to perform from time
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 7+ Years Commercial Property Management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, negotiating, legal, environmental and construction as related to consummating commercial property leases
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team of real estate professionals
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make quick and concise strategic decisions
- Proficiency in Timberline, SharePoint, MS Word, Excel, Workspeed
- Excellent leadership skills
- Results and detail oriented skills
- Experience with budget preparation and implementation
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Vice President, Commercial Property Management – Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.