Job Title: Senior Interior Designer
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Interior Design team in Vancouver as a Senior Interior Designer. The ideal candidate is professional, detail-oriented, a creative thinker and has strong drafting, construction detailing and space planning abilities.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day design oriented activities of several of our many development projects
- Product types: multi-family residential, townhomes, single family, office, hotel and mixed use
- Space planning responsibilities include: units, common area design and amenities
- Responsible for suite specifications, including, conducting market research to determine established standards within specific markets, specifying finish, plumbing, lighting and appliance packages for suites within established budgets and negotiating and securing costs from suppliers
- Coordinate with Development and construction teams to ensure drawings are up to date, as well as to manage the completion of marketing floor plans
- Responsible for coordination of all Interior Design working drawings
- Responsible for reviewing all construction details pertaining to Interior Design
- Work with the Design team to generate required specification documents for the internal construction department and for pricing
- Ongoing coordination with other departments
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 years minimum Interior Design industry experience with diverse project types preferred
- Interior Design training (drafting, construction detailing and space planning)
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, analytical, detail-oriented, has strong initiative and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents
- Also has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads
- Clear spoken and written communication skills
- Capable of managing a variety of projects simultaneously
- AutoCAD Lt skills and knowledge of construction practices
- Access to a vehicle
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.