Job Title: Real Estate Paralegal – Administrative Assistant
One of Western Canada’s largest and fastest growing real estate development and property management companies is currently seeking a talented Real Estate Paralegal - Administrative Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Legal and Finance Departments.
The successful candidate shall have an interesting role by assisting the Legal and Finance Departments across the traditional boundaries of real estate clerk, corporate clerk and administrative assistant.
- Providing administrative support to the Legal and Finance Departments
- Assisting the Legal Department with registering Land Title Office documents (including E-filing)
- Maintaining corporate records using the ALF System. Previous ALF experience an asset but the employer will train the right candidate
- Maintaining the Legal Department filing system
- Processing legal documentation related to: acquisitions, real estate development, finance, leases, property management, and commercial/construction litigation
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Paralegal training and experience will be an asset. Experience assisting with real estate transactions will be sufficient for the right candidate
- This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication (both written and oral), time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to anticipate needs and adapt to changing priorities and daily demands
- Proficiency in Automated Legal Forms (ALF) corporate records software will be required, either prior to job commencement or following training
- Proficiency in office technology (including Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience in the residential real estate industry is an asset, in particular multi-family residential and mixed-use projects
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.