Job Title: Concrete Structure Assistant Superintendent
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia with offices in Seattle, Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the site construction team in Los Angeles as a Concrete Structure Assistant Superintendent. The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge of concrete, formwork and steel fixing and possesses a high level written and oral communication.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities
- Plan, assign, schedule and supervise the work of concrete crews, laborers, truck drivers and equipment operators engaged in the construction
- Coordinate, issue work orders and be accountable for ordering of all concrete materials
- Manage a crew of workers
- Organize labor and material on a daily basis
- Completion of administrative paperwork relating to the site
- Manage and coordinate shared resources with other superintendents
- Maintain a resource schedule
- Prepare computerized schedule and update schedule reporting
- Track and report daily job productions
- Control daily costs and waste
- Coordinate with Consultants regarding structural inspections
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members on an ongoing basis
- Manage and prevent occupational hazards and ensure site meets all safety standards
- Communicate with Site Superintendent regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions, or alterations that may arise during the course of construction to a building or areas affected by a building on the Site
- Assist all Site Superintendents and Project Coordinators/Estimators in coordinating with the work of trades and consultants
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related construction experience in all aspects of mixed use, multi-residential wood frame & high rise concrete construction
- Extensive structures experience, knowledge of post tensioning and concrete
- Strong technical building knowledge and ability to recognize proper forming techniques to support required dimensions of concrete structures
- Must have knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, materials and tools used in concrete construction and maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of BC Building Code and attention to detail is a must
- Proven performance in leadership and managing both people and construction sites
- Demonstrated effective communication and team building skills
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate and provide a strong process perspective
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, juggle numerous and diverse activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations
- Be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast pace team environment and have a desire to grow with the Company
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume with a cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.