Senior Commercial Property Accountant
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia but with offices in Los Angeles, Seattle, Toronto, Phoenix and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Property Accountant to join this dynamic company. The ideal candidate is professional, detail-oriented, and able to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Triple net and gross lease accounting, tenant move in/out, rent roll, process AR and AP
- Perform credit checks, set up new tenants, and verify and approve lease abstracts
- Verify and approve move in letters and charges
- Administer demand defaults, rental increases, tenant files, and security deposits
- Set up new properties and update and change tenant information as required
- Administer preauthorized payments
- Prepare annual CAM / Tax recoveries and budgets
- Monthly / Quarterly budget variance analysis
- GST returns, bank reconciliations, and cash management reporting
- Accrual / adjusting entries, assist in annual year end working paper files
- Liaison with Property Managers and tenants in a timely and professional manner as required
- Assist Controllers, COO, and CFO if required
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 yrs commercial property management accounting for retail, office, industrial, and properties transitioning from PUD to IPP
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced excel skills is beneficial (Pivot tables & macros)
- Attention to detail and accuracy to ensure high quality of work
- Timberline experience is beneficial
This is your chance to join one of Canada's leading real estate and development companies. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
All interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume along with salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.