Job Title: Development Coordinator
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the development team in Los Angeles as a Development Coordinator. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist Managers in several real estate development projects using outside consultants and supporting development staff
- Assist in negotiations for land/zoning approvals with local approving authorities and for agreements with outside Consultants
- Effectively control project costs through the use of job cost reports
- Complete land development projects on time and on budget
- Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of local land acquisition markets
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current market prices in relevant municipalities
- Participate in the sales and marketing initiatives throughout the development process
- Support Development team as necessary
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Development
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Some experience in the analysis, acquisition, entitlement, development and marketing of residential land is an asset
- Experience in the residential real estate industry, in particular multi-family residential and mixed-use projects in the L.A market is an asset
- An understanding of and familiarity with the planning and engineering approval process
- Understanding of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate
- Education and/or background in urban planning or architecture is an asset
- Knowing your way around a construction site as well as financial statements is essential
- Experience in reading and understanding consultant’s drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.) is an asset
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interest applicants please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.