Job Title: Procurement/ Purchasing Specialist
Capilano Properties is a leading real estate firm based in Phoenix, Arizona with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Corporate team in Phoenix as a Procurement/ Purchasing Specialist. This Coordinator will coordinate the procurement of materials and services for US Property Management Operations. Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders. Duties include other administrative tasks as assigned, as well.
- Analyze the spend of a multifamily and commercial real estate portfolio. Create efficiencies within the market place and look to combine buying power across the country.
- Continually analyze the list of goods being purchased and provide alternative options that will create value.
- Develop relationship with national vendors, while keeping up to date on new opportunities within our market place.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Prepare labels, letters, file folders or any other correspondence as required
- Operate phone system efficiently, including add or delete users, change greetings etc.
- Assist in managing the reception area and its corresponding duties
- Respond to client information requests and follow-ups
- Electronic and hard copy filing
- Other related administrative duties
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (Two years’ college or equivalent work experience preferred)
- Able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.